Monday, June 8, 2009

Bear Lake 8/24-26/06

We went to Bear Lake with Dustin and Jen and my mom and dad and Cassity. We stayed at Metcalf's cabin. Bear Lake has always held a special place in my heart. Unfortunately, I believe I have spoiled my family with the warm waters of Lake Powell. Bear Lake is not the warmest place, but you can't beat Bear Lake glass!!

Cassity tried wakeboarding for the first time and did great!! We surfed some as this has become a favorite thing to do. JT waterskiied and had a dry start and finish from the swim deck. It's pretty impressive to be able to ski without getting any part of your body wet. We also coined a new phrase, "flass". Flass is when the water looks like glass, but it really isn't. It's fake glass.



I was trying pick one of the boys up in the cabin and I received the biggest sliver of my life!! The door casing is rough finish to look rustic like the rest of the log cabin. I scraped the casing on my way to pick one of the boys up and wow, did it hurt.
The pictures just don't do it justice. It literally went down to my first knuckle. Trisha couldn't pull it out, so Dustin grabbed hold of the tweezers and had to pull hard to get in out. Not an experience I want to have again!




0 comments: